Choosing a printer
The Lightspeed App printing method allows your iPad or Android Tablet/ Mobile to communicate directly with compatible Epson or Star (iPad App only) ethernet printers.
U220 Ethernet Impact Printer
Epson Intelligent printers - TM-T88V-i, TM-T82II-i, TM-T70-i
Star (iOS App only)
Setting up my App printer system
STEP A: Make sure you have everything you need for this setup
You would need:
Your solid network set up & your router (or data points) close by
Your printer/s - should be compatible with Kounta by Lightspeed
The Kounta by Lightspeed app installed on your POS devices
STEP B: Get the printers ready - do these steps for all printers
1. Load them with paper. The paper should feed from under the roll
2. Connect these cables:
Power cable (& turned on)
Network/ ethernet cable (the other end plugged into the router)
And, cash drawer cable should be plugged - for any printers with which you plan to use a cash drawer
Pro Tip - The ethernet cable should always have a solid green light when plugged in.
If you do not have a solid green light please check the cable is securely plugged into your router.
STEP C: Get the IP addresses of each printerThe IP addresses are assigned by the router and, they are the unique identifier for each device on a network so they can all talk to each other. The IP address will be used for reference later.
An example of an IP address is 192.168.0.0 or 10.0.0.0
Here is how to get a status sheet to know the IP address and DHCP of your printer:
Grab a pen and hold in the status button at the back of the printer for three to four seconds - BUT no more that 5 seconds. WARNING: Holding the pen in for more than five seconds will factory reset the printer. If this happens you will need to read our guide on Enabling DHCP for your printer
Find the details on the printout. Note down your IP address for reference once the printer is added.
3. If any of your printers printed this IP Address: 192.168.192.168 or if your DHCP says disabled, please go to the enabling DHCP guide first.
STEP D: Add your printers to Lightspeed
1. Log into Lightspeed
2. From Sites in the Lightspeed Back Office, select Printers
3. Update each of the Production Printer Settings fields with the details below;
Production Printing Method:Lightspeed App Printing
Production printing Font Size: Normal
Production Printing: You can choose either All items to all printers or Printer/Item specific - the latter will allow you to assign products to print out as dockets to specific printers.
4. Select the red Save at the bottom of the page
STEP E: Connect printers to your Lightspeed Kounta POS
1. Head on over to your POS on the Kounta by Lightspeed App
2. Select the menu on the left-hand side - then select Printing
3. The system should immediately start searching for your printers - hang tight. If not, select Search for Printers Again
4. This will automatically add and connect the POS printers in the network. Once you see the dialog "Great we found some printers!", select Continue to Settings
5. Awesome, the printers are added! Select Test to see if the printer/s are working properly.
6. In the same page, you can assign which printer will print receipts, open the cash drawer, and print production dockets.